Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Books!

I got Avery some new board books today!  I bought an Earl Carle book set and a couple of his other board books as well.  His original books (as well as co-authored books) are very colorful and educational.  I'm really looking forward to seeing how Avery likes them.  :) 

Right now, we have reading time where she'll be interested as long as I'm making completely ridiculous noises.  It's actually interesting to try and make a noise for every single adjective and/or noun.  And, it seems that she likes more volume than not.  So, yeah, it's embarrassing for any self respecting adult to watch.  But, that's okay because as one of my favorite memes go (warning: language) : "It doesn't matter how old or badass you are, if a toddler hands you a toy phone...you answer that shit."  Except in this case it's a book, not a phone...and you're reading the book in such a manner that would make even a crazy monkey on crack look like he/she's more under control. 

Books are actually very fun to get involved in though.  And, we'd love it if she grew up to really appreciate them, specifically Harry Potter.  Like everyone, I spent sleepless nights reading those books until I could no longer keep my eyes open.  And, it was worth every single hour. 

Justin and I both love reading.  Justin hopes that Avery will end up reading under a blanket with a flash light at night and I hope that she'll love writing her own stories.  There's seriously nothing better than a story written by a young child.  Their stories generally involve a large panorama of colorful ideas with magical components and many, many very serious claims and dire consequences while only lasting four or five sentences.  If that's not entertaining, I don't know what is. 

Well, we'll see how it goes.  Until then, she enjoys books when they're read with completely insane noises and movements; we're happy. :)

No comments: